[at-l] Gear list for 2013 AT NOBO leaving approx 4/1/13 from Springer Mt.

Ken Bennett bennett.ken at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 11:26:39 CST 2012

Hi, Bill,

Have you seen the Mountain Crossings Method listed in this old Backpacker
article?

http://www.backpacker.com/november_08_pack_man_/articles/12659?page=4

It doesn't have specific brands and models, but the basic concepts are
well-proven. It will easily get under 35 pounds total weight.

I'm not a thru-hiker, having completed only about 700 miles of the AT in
sections, but I'd be happy to send you my current list. I've hiked the
Georgia section three times, twice in late March, so I have some idea what
is needed there.

Cheers,

Ken
"Big Cranky"