[at-l] I felt the earth move under my feet...

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 19:10:26 CDT 2012

What a day!

Anyone else in the northeast feel the earthquake?  7:15ish pm, the house
shook.  I live in Medford, MA these days, about five miles north of Boston.
 I checked the USGS web site first and found out there was an earthquake in
Maine, near Lake Arrowhead, with a magnitude of 4.6 (initially reported as
4.5).  Then I called my sister in the neighboring town to see if she also
felt it - she had.

It only lasted a couple of seconds and there was no damage but until I
talked to my sister, I hadn't ruled out a nearby truck accident.

All this after arriving home to an unusual amount of traffic parked on my
street this afternoon and finding out the Dalai Lama was giving a talk on
the next block.

Phew!

I am curious if others felt the shaking and where you were when you felt
it...

Mara
Stitches, 1999

P.S.  Oh, and apologies to Carole King, of course for usurping her lyrics...

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor