[at-l] at-l Digest, Vol 66, Issue 1

Ken Bennett bennett.ken at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:55:01 CST 2013

I read it! <g>

This list was the only online presence for AT hikers in, say, the mid-90s.
So it was very active then. It's not as active now, and I suppose most of
the remaining folks have been here a while. So there is not much in the way
of "actual content" if you define that as questions and answers about
hiking the trail, what gear to carry, that sort of thing. I suppose it's
all migrated to Whiteblaze and then to Facebook, alas.

Depending on what you are looking for, you can either ask here -- there is
still an amazing wealth of AT-related knowledge among the listers -- or go
over to Whiteblaze and brave the trolls. (Not entirely true, there is some
good info there, too.)

I suppose "why" I read this list is mostly inertia and good memories, truth
be told.

Happy trails,

Ken Bennett
"Big Cranky"