[at-l] at-l Digest, Vol 66, Issue 1

Jack Vanderbijl jacko_1956 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 06:36:05 CST 2013

I'm not one of the longtimers here.
I have essentially "lurked" for a couple of years, occasionally learning stuff and sometimes enjoying humour, although most of it is obviously based on times people have been together in the past so you only get a hint of what's going on.
>From my observations there are many very knowledgeable people on this list.
However it is "old tech" and as a resource it therefore is more limited than something like Facebook.
I am somewhat "old tech" myself and don't "do" Facebook.
But I have enjoyed much of what comes through here and want to stay linked.
Having said all that I will be unsubscribing at the end of February for about 7 months as I do my own AT hike. NOBO 22nd March 2013.
This is to keep my email account more manageable while I hike.
I will post a link to my Trail Journal page when it becomes active later this month.
Cheers
Jacko
Perth
Western Australia

Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:38:29 -0800
From: wswift9999 at yahoo.com
To: at-l at backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] at-l Digest, Vol 66, Issue 1

Who reads this list? and why? Is this an old trail buddies social chat site? I am new to this and I want to know if I should stay signed up or not.

Please trim this footer if replying to the list.   Do not send entire digests in your replies.