[at-l] AT Tag Team Hike

Peter Fornof pfornof at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 21 21:04:02 CST 2013

I sure do. I was on the Smokies Team. We had very cold temperatures (December) and didn't make it very far. We were prepared but it was just too brutal. A couple of us returned in the spring and finished the section. Our section was from Newfound Gap to Fontana Dam. THe trail was very icy and you had to have crampons in many places. We all had them, but it got to the point that it was too dangerous. We had a lot of fun, though. I don't know where the shirt is, but I still have the hat.

Broknspoke