[at-l] Pole Tips

hiker 317 hiker317 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 12:21:25 CST 2013

I took a piece of hardwood dowel that was a tight fit into a rubber cane
tip (about $6.00 for pack of 2), drilled a hole down the center of the
dowel to make a tight fit on the carbide tip of my walking stick, then
~after~ drilling the hole, epoxy the cane tip on to the drilled end of the
dowel, then cut the dowel off flush with the top of the cane-tip, use the
same drill bit pushed through the already drilled hole to drill a hole
through the bottom of the cane-tip, and if you're lucky, and selected the
right size cane-tip, the carbide tip should extend through the bottom of
the cane-tip just enough to make pretty scratches on rocks, while not
sinking in soft ground, after you put a couple of drops of epoxy in the
dowel-hole before you slide it onto the carbide. You can then repeat the
process with the other cane-tip in the package to make a spare. Another
Pole Tip is to not do this:
http://graciesgallivanting.blogspot.com