[at-l] OT java scare

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 08:54:13 CST 2013

Just joining in...
I didn't hear what was on NPR this morning, but over the weekend, and I think around noon, they mentioned this in the general flow of news, and the solution was pronounced as "simple" and "easy": google something like "disable java plug-in" and follow the 2-3 steps provided from any of the software websites.
MY issue is two part:
1) my trading platform is java-based (as is my browser and any OpenOffice stuff I'm operating), AND
2) as true with most traders, I operate with a firewall only, because there isn't an anti-virus yet that won't turn your computer to SLUDGE.

So.... so I'll be reading this 'ere thread with some modicum of in'erest!

javabeengoodtomesofartoe