[at-l] Nikwax down wash and Proof

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 19:15:39 CST 2013

I bought a Feathered Friends bag about 7 or 8 years ago.
When I was in Seattle a couple of years ago I got to stop by the store and
asked them about having them clean the bag (not that it was due!).
They said if it didn't smell, it didn't need to be cleaned yet!  :-)

I'm with Rock Dancer in trying to avoid to avoid washing down. Better to
keep it clean to start with..

Just as an aside, down treated to be "water-proof" (water-resistant? Quotes
are mine, because I don't know anything about it) so to keep it's loft is
starting to hit the market. Don't know if there's additional cost involved,
but if I was going to restuff a bag (say, my FF's? <g>) I'd certainly be
checking it out...

skeeter