[at-l] John Muir Trail--"Mile, Mile and a Half" movie

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 08:37:27 CDT 2013

Last week the Florida Trail Association co-sponsored a showing of the film "Mile, Mile and a Half" at an indie theater near me.  Just want to say it is TERRIFIC! It started as a filmmaker who wanted to document a hike of the John Muir Trail (211 miles) and ended as a terrific feature length movie.  >From the schedule on the website (below), it doesn't appear that there are any east coast showing schedulded in the near future, but you could buy the DVD online ($20 and worth every penny).  It's inspiring, funny, beautiful, funny, breath-taking, funny, and really captures not just the amazing scenery and difficulties of the trail, but also the feel of a long-distance hike.  Because they were carrying so much gear and because they stopped frequently to film, the trek took almost a month.

http://themuirproject.com/

I'm going to send ALDHA an email suggest they could invite them to present at the Gathering, but if you are looking for a gift for yourself, the DVD would be a great gift.

Joan
bluetrail at aol.com