[at-l] peak bagging the Whites

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Thu Jun 20 09:06:28 CDT 2013

Good grief!  This is one driven guy.

Joan

-----Original Message-----
From: RockDancer <rockdancer97 at comcast.net>
To: at-l <at-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Wed, Jun 19, 2013 9:11 pm
Subject: [at-l] peak bagging the Whites

I recently received this bit of news about a hiker achievement that many may
find incredible. I know when I first achieved the patch for doing the NH 4000
Footers I was particularly pleased with myself. Here's a hiker who has just
completed the list of 48 mountains for the 48th time!

I'll leave it to others to figure the total mileage & total ascent & then
compare to an AT thruhike. I'll make a stab and estimate it's equivalent to 5
hikes of the entire AT for distance; and equivalent to 10 AT hikes for total
ascent. And one of the "equivalent AT hikes" is done in Winter conditions.--RD

"Yesterday, Sunday, June 9, 2013, Tim Muskat(Formerly know as Grid Finisher #6 )
completed his "4th GRID" of the NH 48.

Tim has now hiked the "48" NH four thousand footers "FOUR TIMES" in "Every
Calendar Month".(12 X 48 = 576 ) X 4 = 2304

On this day, Tim completed his "4th GRID", on the summit of Mt Moriah.  On an
out & back hike via the Stoney Brook & Carter-Moriah trails."

Please trim this footer if replying to the list.   Do not send entire digests in
your replies.