[at-l] Hiker in Snowstorm---

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 07:53:40 CST 2013

Normally I'd agree with you, Ken, but this was not a knife-edge situation -- where the situation was suddenly foisted upon her -- to get where she was, she had to walk past some fine spots to spend the night, and know that she was walking UP into an area that has "beautiful views" and gnarly magical forests.... (come to think of it, the last time *I* went through there, it was dark, snowy, and yes, quite magical -- SCARY magical....) She got there by a lack of planning (my "second guess"), not any sort of emergency.

(Jeez, though -- I *am* warm as I write this...)'toe