[at-l] Hiker in Snowstorm---

Allen Freeman allen at allenf.com
Thu Mar 7 13:09:35 CST 2013

This story brings 2 thoughts to mind, neither of which may be
applicable to this particular hiker:

1) I am sometimes amazed at how ill-prepared some hikers are who
venture out in less than ideal conditions.

2) I find when I get myself into a touchy situation it helps a lot to
talk to myself: "You have everything you need on your back. You can
just stop and make camp. It's snowing, so you can melt snow for water.
You're not in danger unless you do something stupid." It's important
to do this before you reach that tipping point where things start
going downhill from hypothermia or panic.

--
~~~~~
Allen F. Freeman
allen at allenf.com
www.allenf.com
www.allenf.com/blog

“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to
the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the
clouds.”
-Edward Abbey