[at-l] Hiker in Snowstorm---

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Thu Mar 7 16:29:38 CST 2013

There's an article in today's Johnson City newspaper about the hiker who was on Unaka Mountain in the snow Tues. night and called her mother-in-law for help.  It presents it in an entirely different way than did the TV interview.  The newspaper said that she was in her sleeping bag, still no mention of a tent, and that she awoke about 3:30 or so and couldn't move.  The TV interview mentioned a 50 lb pack, which I thought was terribly heavy, but then I realized that she's carrying winter gear.  She says that she'll be back in April or May to continue.    a'bear

Humankind (be both)