[at-l] Hiker in Snowstorm---

Patton, Linda lpatton at fsu.edu
Thu Mar 7 20:09:08 CST 2013

OMG...I just figured out who this woman is.  It's:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/j-ardenia-gaines/14/477/99a

Anyone at the Gathering remember that large black
lady that I can best describe as 'a bit unusual?'  After
recalling my conversation with her last October, I can
more easily understand this situation.  At the time, I
thought she was enthusiastic but didn't have a clue...

~~ eArThworm
There's an article in today's Johnson City newspaper about the hiker who was on Unaka Mountain in the snow Tues. night and called her mother-in-law for help.  It presents it in an entirely different way than did the TV interview.  The newspaper said that she was in her sleeping bag, still no mention of a tent, and that she awoke about 3:30 or so and couldn't move.  The TV interview mentioned a 50 lb pack, which I thought was terribly heavy, but then I realized that she's carrying winter gear.  She says that she'll be back in April or May to continue.    a'bear