[at-l] How the hell.... was: Re: tired

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Tue Feb 18 15:14:45 CST 2014

anklebear is fine.  I've just had the cataracts removed from both eyes, and suddenly I can see!  Colors are fabulous!  I didn't realize how dull my vision had become.  I'm a happy woman.

We live in Elizabethton, TN, and cross the 19E trailhead going to church and coming home every Sunday.  We always count the cars there, and sometimes pick up hikers going to Bob's Dairyland in Roan Mountain or going to Hampton.  We always love hearing their stories.

I have a new hobby and haven't hiked in two or three yrs now.  I sing shape notes (Sacred Harp, Christian Harmony, New Harp of Columbia, etc.), and the all-day singings are on Saturdays and Sundays.  One of the big ones is during Trail Days, so I never get up there, anymore.  Sad.  I miss the hiking community, but the last time I went to TD, I didn't know half a dozen people there.  I keep dreaming of losing 75 lbs or so and getting back on the trail, though.  I still wake up in the mornings wondering what that day would feel like if I were in a tent.

a'bear

Humankind (be both)

---