[at-l] Hiking cheap

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 16:21:37 CST 2014

So, perhaps a little late for those planning a thruhike this year, I've
just added a page on my web site for those trying to thruhike with a
minimum of funds.

Every year, a hikers wonder how much money they need to save to
successfully thruhike the Appalachian Trail and other long-distance trails.
 While some of these trails may be hiked on a shoestring, many hikers fail
to take into account all those situations where expenses and changing
priorities can far outstrip expectations.  Read the full article on my web
site.

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/hikingcheap.html

Last week, I also added a page about Weird Food, or how cultural biases
affect our appreciation of food.  You can read that one at:

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/weirdfood.html

Bon appetit!

Mara

Visit my Travels and Trails <http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor> web