[at-l] New boot choices

sloetoe at yahoo.com sloetoe at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 08:35:06 CDT 2014

I shoot for
1) conformable inner materials, so the thing will form to my foot. This usually means a glove-leather lining, but I remain flexible.
2) resole-able assembly -- I don't want to be buying a 3000 mile upper married to a 1000 mile lower -- that's a waste of money, and a ton of weight. I want a sole that can be repaired by any decent cobbler. Norwegian welt is typical, but "I remain flexible."
3) Does GTX mean Gore-Tex? I have yet to hear of overall satisfaction from anyone who seeks long miles in a GTX boot. A pair of galoshes over your Chuck Taylor's would do as well, and be lots lighter/cheaper.
4) Higher sides, and lower front/achilles area, spells comfort.
5) Nothing to speak that absorbs/holds water -- a week of slogging will take the skin right off your feet. OUCHIE.

Thems me thoughts.....

Boot? I so love my Limmer Lightweights (which are, of course, quite substantial despite the name).

Spatior, ergo sum.