[at-l] New boot choices

South Walker southwalker at windstream.net
Thu Sep 4 11:06:37 CDT 2014

Hard to find boots that don't have Gore-Tex or some other waterproofing. Personally don't like Gore-Tex or any of its cousins.

Over the 25+ years of wearing boots I have tried a lot of brands and the overall best boot I ever owned was a Scarpa SL. Expensive, all leather boot. Took some time to break-in but once I got there it is wonderful.

Out of curiosity I looked at a picture of the Salomon Quest 4D GTX online and I notice that the picture doesn't show the laces in the top clips. They stopped just below it. There is a reason.

Poor design.

South Walker

My lucky numbers are:
7527 X 2^1063970 +1