[at-l] Hiker death, black bear

sloetoe at yahoo.com sloetoe at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 08:22:50 CDT 2014

Oh. Ehhhh, "nope." -- Too far removed these days in distance and time to know much.
But splitting up and running will never be on the Recommended Actions list, while
Bear Spray (or at least the little, human-sized mace) could easily be.

I doubt that this tragic event changes what gets recommended, though.
Certainly, hiking as a group, they were already making a boatload of noise.
That bear (I surmise) was too familiar with humans, and an attack waiting to happen.