[at-l] Ate teen

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Mon Aug 1 18:27:43 CDT 2016

I'm eighteen
And I don't know what I want
Eighteen
I just don't know what I want
Eighteen
I gotta get away
I gotta get out of this place....

18 years ago last night I was going over gear... again.
Going through maildrops... again. Looking at maps....again.
Going over my plan for my clients....again. I was mentally
worn out. Making sure my little business was covered, making
sure my personal possessions were cared for, my pets, my
family, my finances, making sure I was ready to thru-hike
and making sure Pokey was ready to thru-hike was an
exhausting undertaking.

18 years ago this morning I got up and went to work for
about 4 hours. I came home and showered, petted Elmer (for
the last time), Elizabeth and Scooter, climbed in
Pittsburgh's van and headed out to see what I could see. The
first thing I saw was a bread sack full of tomatoes. I
wasn't leaving here without some of papaw's tomatoes.

I spent that night at Pittsburgh's parents' house (New
Alexandria, PA, I believe).

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98