[at-l] Ref Water Treatment

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:47:40 CST 2016

HI Dennis,

The best write-up I knew about the reasons why we treat water was from Dr.
Shlim at the Ciwec Clinic in Nepal.  He actually treated me when I arrived
in Nepal with an intestinal bug I picked up on the Long Trail in Vermont.

The write-up isn't where I last linked to it at the Ciwec Clinic web site
but here's a link to it on the internet archive
<https://web.archive.org/web/20080511210031/http://www.ciwec-clinic.com/diar/index.html>
.

As for your treatment option, my web site has a page devoted to water
treatment <http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/watertreat.html> that
might prove interesting.  What's best for treating water will be largely
defined by your personal preferences.  Weight, bulk, price, convenience,
and risk will all determine what's best for you.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

Visit my Travels and Trails <http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor> web
site.