[at-l] Ref Water Treatment

South Walker southwalker at windstream.net
Sat Jan 9 22:06:18 CST 2016

Thanks, I will read the articles.

So iodine, which was used extensively by my mom on cuts and abrasions is a
hazardous material. I wonder what she would say about that.

Mercury, which also causes a lot action when spilled, even in very small
amounts is also considered a very dangerous material. When I was a kid we
played around with the stuff,  making dimes and the occasional quarter
really shine. I never knew where it came from. Some kid would show up with
some and we would "clean" our change. If a drop of mercury was dropped on
the ground it would just ball up in the fine dirt. Probably kill all of use
some day but so far we are all alive except Harold who got killed in prison.

When I was working in the industrial gas business the EPA published
regulations that listed nitrogen as a hazardous material. Never mind that we
breathe it every day.

Not to be outdone, the FDA insisted on an expiration date for medical grade
nitrogen in a high pressure cylinder.

Strange world we now live in.

South Walker
mega1999