[at-l] Sad news

sloetoe at yahoo.com sloetoe at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 19:34:11 CDT 2016

Bummer!
I always liked him -- from the first time I'd met him in ???? was it '99??
I think it was -- by the campfire of the original Trail Days location. He'd been holding court there for quite some time, and ended up continuing on with me -- for hours! We spoke until dawn (or past)... and hence on every Gathering, Ruck, or Trail Days that I could hit. He always remembered my kids, too -- which as their Dad, was always gave me a kick. There always seemed to be a solid vein of genuine humanity under Jack's more-common mode of gruff, imitation curmudgeon-for-hire....... Ha! A heart of gold.

I wish many happy miles, and peaceful rest, to all, but to Baltimore Jack Tarlin -- Hiker, writer, gadabout, raconteur, helluva nice guy, and a friend.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jack+tarlin+image&rls={moz:distributionID}:{moz:locale}:{moz:official}&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6_6P41cHMAhVILMAKHQVnDFoQsAQIHA&biw=1280&bih=882

Spatior, ergo sum.