[cdt-l] Regarding Big Sandy Lodge...

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Sun Aug 6 10:28:39 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/6/2006 11:00:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cruxgroove2 at yahoo.com writes:

The Big  Sandy Lodge is a poor place to re-ration.
The people there were very rude  and difficult to deal with.
Several hikers are of agreement on this issue.
If you can avoid frustration and anger by rationing elsewhere please do  so.

While they may not be overtly hiker, they did cook the 6 of  us breakfast,
which was pretty much an all you can eat, mid morning for a  reasonable price.

However, I do think she was a little miffed when I sent two large  boxes
(from Steamboat) instead of 6 individual boxes.

It's just one of those places where hikers aren't their top priority.   Best
to be pleasant and well mannered for the sake of hikers that follow  you.

Sly