[cdt-l] Fire on the mountain

pmags at pocketmail.com pmags at pocketmail.com
Sun Aug 13 09:49:04 CDT 2006

Hi all. Really quick note. The CDT is indeed closed in the Sheridan Pass area due to fires. Three of us are doing an alternate from Brooks Lake Rd. to Sheridan Creek Rd. Due to road construction, a mandatory shuttle is in effect for RT 287. The DOT has been shuttling hikers (and bicyclists, apparently) in that area at least.  Following roads to Fish Lake and hook back up to the divide. The fire made me have unexpected pit stop in Dubois, but it all worked out. On the CDT, Ma nature calls the shots! :)

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com
"The true harvest of my life is intangiable...a little stardust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched." -Thoreau