[cdt-l] thru-hike?

jonathan at phlumf.com jonathan at phlumf.com
Wed Aug 16 17:44:52 CDT 2006

There are a lot of things you could do, but if it's going to be a few
years until you hike, it's probably best to just wait. All the various
planning aids, guidebooks, maps, etc are likely to get updated in that
time. If you've already hiked another long trail, you should have a pretty
good idea  what you need for the gear-type of stuff. For now, the only
things I'd plan are personal things - like blocking-off a chunk of time in
your personal life to do the trail.

If you're just looking for general info to decide if you really want to do
the trail (or just get psyched to do it), you could check some of the
journals on trailjournals.com and/or elsewhere... Maybe get Yogi's
planning guide... Check the archives of this list???

-Jonathan