[cdt-l] Alcohol and white gas resupply in Colorado

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 21:38:31 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/19/2006 1:22:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dustpct at yahoo.com writes:

Is denatured alcohol readily available in towns along the Colorado  Trail? I
know I can get it in towns like Breck and Salida, but what about the  smaller
ones?

I can't recall a town on the entire CDT that didn't have Heet.   Between gas
station/ convenience stores, grocery stores, auto parts stores, you  should be
able to find it.  You could also pack a few Esbit or Hexamine  tabs just in
case and flip over your alcohol stove for a surface to burn  it.

Sly