[cdt-l] CDT Mapping Effort

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Fri Dec 1 15:06:48 CST 2006

For most hikers, that will probably be true. If you map (and sign) it, they will come, so to speak. Witness the huge social event that the AT has become, and towards which the PCT is heading.

However, there will always be those few who enjoy the off-trail challenge and who will find their own path, either on the CDT or in some other wilderness trek.

There must be room for both in the wilderness. As civilization moved ever-westward in this country, the mountain men who sought solitude moved elsewhere - by choice.

Wandering Bob