[cdt-l] CDT Mapping Effort

glen fleag fiddleheadpa at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 13:05:49 CST 2006

I saw 4 four-wheelers in the Wiminuche tearing up pipes that had just been
put in to keep the trail dry.    They were lost, without a map, without any
means to camp, and it was about an hour from dark.    I showed them where
they were on my map and went on my way, amazed at how they could be out
there without a map and tearing things up.   I reported them to the next FS
station i saw only to be told that they had just as much right to be up
there as i did.
So, i think making a continuous trail and trying to say it can only be used
for hiking is a dream that will not happen.    It's best left the way it is
and enjoy the freedom of no trail.
There are a lot more bicyclists, four wheelers and motorcycle users than
there are hikers.    Don't push too hard to make this trail more famous.
Enjoy it for what it is.

I don't know a whole lot about Bruce Ward but have heard rumors that he is
more of a bicycler than hiker.    I doubt he's on the same side as you.
Maybe he could tell us himself?   Bruce, do you spend more time on the CDT
hiking or biking?      fh