[cdt-l] Pie Town

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.com
Tue Dec 12 00:20:31 CST 2006

Mags!

You wrote:    " Think of all the
trophy home development near Pie Town."

When I went through Pie Town on the cdt in 1980, there was next to nothing
in town.  I believe there was a general store and post office and across the
street was an old, metal Quonset hut that was half Rock Shop and half
residence.  I stayed there for a day or two drying out from snow storms and
repacking my pack with new supplies.

It is very hard to fathom that there might be "trophy homes" built out there
in the nothingness of the high desert/divide!

Mtnned

For Information on Programs, previous Trips, and Photo Gallery,

Please visit: www.mountaineducation.com