[cdt-l] Pie Town

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 00:33:47 CST 2006

>>"It is very hard to fathom that there might be
>>"trophy >>homes" built out there in the nothingness
>>of the high >>desert/divide!"

Believe it!

There is even a real estate office now for something
called "Wild Horse Ranch" (or something along those
lines) along the walk into town.

According to a few people I talked in Pie Town, the
old ranchers are sub-dividing the lots. Selling them
off for vacation homes. Heck..I even saw the real
estate signs myself.

Two hikers I know stumbled into a walled compound type
place that was not there in 2001 as well.

Sure Bruce could comment more. It is an interesting
aspect that I am sure is making routing the CDT more
difficult...