[cdt-l] New Thru-hiker questions

Ginny & Jim Owen spiritbear2k at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 18:12:27 CST 2006

In New Mexico and Montana you might want to carry the National Forest maps
as they show all the jeep roads in the forest and many of the trails.  In
Wyoming and NM we carried the BLM maps. Ordering info is on our website
under "Resources". I wouldn't bother with the CDTA maps - all that
information is on Jonathan's maps. We didn't need the NF maps for Colorado
either because we carried the TI maps.

We hiked the new trail this spring.  It was a very good route.  We have the
maps and water information (including gps coordinates) and intend to get it
to Jonathan in January and will probably have it up on the website too.  We
just haven't had a chance to put it all together yet.

Jiim Wolf's guides are much better than the CDTA books.  Colorado was okay -
but there are problems with the other guidebooks.  They lack a lot of
necessary detail and don't give much information on alternate routes.

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/