[cdt-l] Printing Jonathan Ley's Maps

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Thu Dec 21 17:19:59 CST 2006

In a message dated 12/21/2006 2:18:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
at2002 at mac.com writes:

Any idea  how much time it took you?

Ah, over the course of two days and a sore back feeding the paper!  So  when
you think of it like that it may be well worth it paying the  printer!   I got
the cheap knock off ink, but it didn't fade or  run when wet.

I think I printed maps 1 and 3, 2 and 4 ect. front and back  so I could hold
them together if need be.  I'm not quite sure how  Tripod printed his, but
they were also on 8.5" x 11 paper and much clearer  than mine.

This year, I'll be printing maps for the GET,  the CT and the JMT  which
should be equally as challenging.

Sly

One advantage of printing at a print shop is that the ink is  not
water based.  I also don't have a printer that can print on  11x17
paper, which from my test pages is much more readable than the  maps
printed on 8.5x11.