[cdt-l] Black pot = increased heat

Mark Dixon mkdixon1 at excite.com
Thu Dec 28 07:50:25 CST 2006

Radiant heat is what you feel standing in front of a campfire. Conduction is heat transfer by direct contact, like if you reach in and grab a hot coal with your hands. Convection is the movement of heat with air currents, for example. I think cooking on a campstove involves radiation and convection, but not conduction. The other Marks tests with different materials and colors (not in direct sunlight) makes sense from what I remember from way back: that there should be no difference. I'll dig up my old text book and see if I can find something.

Mark