[cdt-l] An alcohol stove for two

Mark Jernigan footslogger03 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 11:51:29 CST 2006

Funny you should mention your stock of partially used cannisters.  We've got at least 2 dozen of them ourselves.  Don't trust taking them on backpacking trips anymore so we just packed them in a box and pull them out for emergency cooking at home when the power goes out up here in Wyoming.

  But I too would like to know if there is a way to refill/recylcle the empty metal cannisters  ...

  'Slogger

"Kenneth E. Baldrey" <keneb at adaes.com> wrote:
          Canisters are very fast and also clean plua a titanium canister stove only weighs 2 ounces or so (less fuel).  The only problems on the CDT with isobutane is at altitude in cold weather - then they get slow and you need to sleep with the cartridges to keep them warm.  One problem I have though is a whole closet of half-used or almost empty canisters that I don't know how to dispose of.  Can they be recycled or refilled?

http://mail.yahoo.com