[cdt-l] An alcohol stove for two

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Thu Dec 28 12:14:13 CST 2006

In a message dated 12/28/2006 12:52:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
footslogger03 at yahoo.com writes:

But I  too would like to know if there is a way to refill/recylcle the empty
metal  cannisters

I know a guy who made a male/male valve system using the 1lb Coleman  propane
to refill his Primus canisters to save money.  He's attach the  two and let
liquid/gas flow down into the Primus canister. It worked well  until one
blew-up in his wife's pack whike she was hiking on a hot, sunny  day.  He attributed
the 'explosion" to over filling.   Fortunately, she wasn't injured, but if
I'm not mistaken her pack was  damaged.

It seems taking a couple partially full canisters on a weekend trip would  be
safest.

Sly