[cdt-l] Fw: Road Closure in Butte Section 4

Doug Carlson doug-sue at usol.com
Tue Jul 4 17:48:43 CDT 2006

Dear CDT Hikers,
Hi,  RedDoug asked me to post a note as to his progress.  He left home a
week ago to hike a CDT section in Montana.  He has had to leave the trail
for now, due to the fierceness of the bugs.  Doug hiked from Summit Lk. to
Aldous Lk.
 Mosquitoes and black flies are in clouds.  Locals told him they have never
seen the bugs so severe.   Doug then hitch-hiked to Gilmore, then to Mack's
Inn.
His advice to others headed for this area:  Be prepared for intense clouds
of bugs.  Take plenty of bug repellant and netting.  Good Luck!
Mrs. RD