[cdt-l] Colorado Trail -- late start questions

Lawrence Beals lbealsjr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:26:43 CDT 2006

Dust,

Might see you on the trail since I am planning the same thing, late
August start and actually won't mind seeing some snow to do some gear
testing.

hike safe

Bear
CT2006
PCT2007
CDT2008

On 7/10/06, Dust <dustpct at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the comments everyone.  I'm definitely going north to south, to
> save the best (San Juans) for last.  Also I like the idea of flying into and
> hiking out of Denver into the mountains.
>
> I've read a few journals of CT hikers who started in late August, and
> although they all mention snow in the San Juans it was never very deep.  I
> don't understand the phobia of light snowfall with so many hikers.  I like
> snow and I like cold, so as long as there are not 4-foot drifts and I can
> break trail without extensive postholing, I'll be in my element.

Bear AKA Lawrence Beals
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it." -Thoreau
PIG DEAD. SOLDIER ON.