[cdt-l] Bugs in Montana

Doug Carlson doug-sue at usol.com
Wed Jul 12 13:46:50 CDT 2006

Jason's account of the bugs in MT is exactly what John and I experienced
hiking from Old Faithful up to Aldous Lk. TH.  I don't remember anything
quite as intense bugwise before- except maybe for pure black flies in the UP
of Michigan once.  The mosquitoes are very bad this season.  We could not
get away from them.  Cooking and eating were a real challenge.   Just too
much for me.  John is dropping down to hike the southern section of the CDT
in Colorado later this month.

-Doug