[cdt-l] Which GPS?

jonathan at phlumf.com jonathan at phlumf.com
Thu Nov 16 10:32:59 CST 2006

I think it's unlikely you'll "need" to use it on your first section -
particularly if you're good with a map/compass. If you're headed south,
the trails in GNP are well marked, and if you're headed north, you can see
for like 50 miles in NM. Though, a GPS might help you identify which
un-named dirt road you're intersecting.

Generally, I think you'll only "need" a GPS in some unpredictable locale.
Of course, plenty of people have hiked the CDT successfully without a GPS,
so "need" is a bit of a strong word. They can be kind of fun if you're
into that kind of thing...

-Jonathan