[cdt-l] Carson to Cataract Lake

Jim Wolf mail at cdtsociety.org
Tue Nov 21 13:52:30 CST 2006

We spoke with the Forest Service about this.  Yes, the route is officially
closed to motorized vehicles. And yes, there is OHV use. But the Forest
Service acknowledges the problem and does try to police it -- they
supposedly ticketed about five offenders last summer.  This section is also
part of the Colorado Trail, and perhaps the Colorado Trail Foundation will
play an active role in getting a handle on the motorized use issue.
Meanwhile, please send us any photos documenting OHV use as well as accounts
of meeting OHV users on the trail (preferably with dates, location, license
numbers, etc., if available).

Jim Wolf

[James R. Wolf
Director