[cdt-l] NM in December?

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 13:15:17 CST 2006

NM in December would be iffy at best. Keep in mind that the
average elevation of the CDT in NM is likely over 7000',
with quite a few miles above 8k. In winter, this is the
realm of cold, wind, and snow. Don't let the junipers fool
you - they like it dry and warm, but are plenty cool with
subfreezing conditions too.

Obviously Dec wouldn't be as prohibitive as elsewhere along
the Divide. But I suspect it'd be challenging enough to
warrant various detours, extra roadwalks, and less of what
the experience is capable of being.

Why not try it in the spring?

- bf

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net