[cdt-l] Re-introduction and NM water question

Mark Dixon mkdixon1 at excite.com
Wed Nov 22 14:13:51 CST 2006

Hi all, it’s been about 8 years since I last listened in or posted to this mail list. My friend Jim and I (PCT ’98) are planning a northbound CDT hike starting this spring, sometime in mid-April. By the way, Congratulations to all the recent southbound finishers!

Water: I’m heading down to northern NM this week to visit family and thought I’d stash some water for myself (and anyone that finds themselves with me) for next spring. The area of interest is the trail roughly between El Malpais and Cuba. I plan to stash water south of El Malpais and somewhere near the narrows, then another one in Bonita Canyon at the northern end of the Zuni-Acoma trail.

Question: Any other critical dry stretches between Grants and Cuba? I know that everybody deals with the water situation they face, but I just love my clean Colorado mountain well water.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Mark Dixon