[cdt-l] Snow, Snow and Snow

aandg at telusplanet.net aandg at telusplanet.net
Sat Sep 23 12:29:45 CDT 2006

It's even snowing here in Rawlins too today!
We walked in here yesterday afternoon after taking 5 days from Atlantic City
and the first thing we did was to have a great $7 Thai Buffet at Anong's
restaurant on 5th St. It was raining and 42 degrees when we came in.
Water was a non issue for us from Atlantic City as the weather was so cool. We
started from Atlantic City with a few inches of snow on the ground. It did
reach 70F one day otherwise was windy and below 50F. We easily travelled 30
miles between water sources carrying water even at our slow 21 mpd pace.
We expect to continue south on our way to Steamboat tomorrow. Main zipper on
our Big Agnes tent is failing so hope to replace the zipper there - called
them in Steamboat to confirm that. We hear there's a foot of snow above
Steamboat and another 10" due last night. It's supposed to warm up during next
week so we'll hope for the best.

Alistair and Gail

Alistair and Gail