[cdt-l] Average snow in Colorado?

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 11:13:02 CDT 2007

As a rule of thumb, a low snow year still means a lot of snow in the San Juans.

Anyway, though the snow pack is lower than the thirty year average, there will still be a lot of snow in the San Juans overall. (If the warming trend does continue, it will change the equation, though).

There is almost always an April snowstorm (or even a May storm) than will dump a lot of snow in the Colorado mountains. That could change the factor as well.

Long story short?

If you feel adventurous, have decent navigation skills and do not mind slogging, mid-June is doable. Wait two weeks until late June and you will have an easier time.

Again, this can change depending upon temps, late snow dumps, etc.

Good luck...and have fun!

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com