[cdt-l] Potential Yo-Yoer's and Their Start Dates

jon stewart raincloudtreefarm at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 23:03:32 CDT 2007

Wow, it sounds like a bumper year on the CDT.

 Francis, whom I hiked with for a couple days on the PCT last year, started out from the Mexican border last Friday.  He is planning on taking the longest routes on Greg's maps northbound and the shortest routes southbound (snow, health and weather permitting) You can track his journey by goggling Francis Tapon.

I will be section hiking Montana this July and hopefully meet him enroute.

Basmati

Garret Christensen <garretchristensen at yahoo.com> wrote: I've heard there are as many as five people who're hoping to try and yo-yo the CDT this year.  I know of myself, Francis Tapon (who I met in person), and I've seen JustJoe on trailjournals.com, but does anybody have contact info for any others, and in the spirit of cooperation, does anybody know when/where they're starting?  I don't have a ticket yet, and I honestly don't know if I'll be able to even try the turnaround since I'm a grad school drop-out that would eventually like to get my degree and might have to go back for fall classes, but anyway, I'll probably be flying to El Paso May 2 or 3.

Garret/The Onion