[cdt-l] Fording rivers on the CDT

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 14:08:26 CDT 2007

 What Disco said. :)

I will just add that in the Gila, the water level is much lower for the SoBo as you are going through in the fall. If it is anything like fords almost anywhere in the US, I suspect they are higher in springtime due to snow melt.  There were a bazillion fords in the Gila; none higher than my knee or so*

As with Disco, I just went through with no camp /fording shoes. Wet, cold shoes are better than coffee for waking up. Well, almost. :)

*(POD will insert a short guy joke right about now. :D).

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com