[cdt-l] Crazy Cook starting place

Rod rbelshee at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 14 11:37:58 CDT 2007

Garret,

Steadty is on the trail, staring from Crazy Cook Monument on April 12.

Yes, it would be an impossible hitch to the monument from the highway.  I
drove Steady Sr. to the trailhead on April 11.  We had a high clearance
vehicle and a car navigation system that knew the jeep roads quite well.  We
did not make it to the monument.  With darkness setting in and road
conditions, we stopped 12 miles from our destination.  The roads are dry,
but deeply rutted and quite soft (sandy) in spots.  There was no flood
damage on the roads that we drove, but there countless roads in the area
that we did not take.  The deLorme maps and Jonathan Lay maps have a good
approximation of the roads in the area.

Best of luck to you - Spirit