[cdt-l] wondering when everyone is starting

jon stewart raincloudtreefarm at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 03:00:37 CDT 2007

Basmati here...

I am looking at starting a little later-around the 30th of June from Waterton.  I am only hiking through to Yellowstone this year so can afford to start a little later to miss the snow and swat a few more mosquitos.

 Anybody else looking at hiking through the bear zone about this time this coming summer?

Like most hikers, I am quite flexible, but my ride to Glacier isn't until June 28th.

Basmati (PCT 03,04,05, 06)

Rod Belshee <rbelshee at hotmail.com> wrote: I'm starting about the same time. Late snows could change everything, but if
they stay favorable then rather than try to move the start date forward I
like to think the odds of doing the Highline Trail are higher than normal.
If the snows are low and the Highline Trail is possible, then I might even
delay the start a couple of days to try it, rather than move up the start
date and take a lower route. YMMV.

Steady Sr