[cdt-l] 07-SOBO plans update and more:)

slyatpct at aol.com slyatpct at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 13:00:13 CDT 2007

  -----Original Message-----
  From: mountainbliss at alltel.net

  (2) Have any SOBOers made final plans when and where they will arrive and start? This info will help others make their final plans. (3)Hey SLY, thanks for your 20 Apr "Heads up... Pagosa Springs info. I will keep that info with me on the trail in CO.
 Flat Feet

 No problem. After a couple weeks in Pagosa I'll be leaving here in a few days to start the CDT northbound from Pie Town with Rainman and Vicki. They intend to keep hiking north but, I think by the time we reach Colorado there's still going to be quite a bit of snow. I'll probably try to punch through to Wolf Creek Pass before working my way to Glacier to start there mid June, returning to Pie Town to hike south from there in the fall.

 Nean and Heidi have been gracious hosts and are looking forward to CDT hikers staying at their place. The hot mineral springs are special ("healing waters") and are not to be missed.

 http://www.pagosahotsprings.com/

 Oh yeah, for the frugal hiker, Squirells the bar, at the Best Western right across the street from "the Springs", has happy hour daily from 4:00-6:30 with free hot snacks and $1 PBR, on draught, all the time!

 Sly